Module 3 Creativity
This Module aims to provide you with practical guidance on the different ways you can be creative as a mentor with your mentees through various different TED-Ed sections.
The target audiences for the DCM Modules are Business Advisors, Mentors and Entrepreneurship Educators working across the Business Support network including; Enterprise Centres, incubators and VET and Higher Education Colleges as well as private sector accountants and consultants.
There are 5 sections to this module:
- Let’s Begin with a crash course video on creativity
- Think brings you through creativity questions
- Dig Deeper looks at a series of articles and videos covering topics e.g. How to Boost Your Creativity Skills in Work and Business and How to Discover How Creative You Are
- Discuss covers a series of discussion questions
- Finally gives you some final guidance and activities
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Assessments Self
Take this module and you will
- Learn how to develop and practice your creativity by learning useful tricks and implementing simple exercises on a daily basis into your mentoring
- Gain a deeper understanding how networking and collaboration fosters the development of good ideas and creative thinking in the work environment
- Learn different creative thinking as a necessity and how to do this using different tools and techniques
- Learn different digital tools that can enhance your role as a mentor and ensure you maximise your creative potential
- Be motivated to start learning how to use TED-Ed as a mentoring tool
Why Choose TED-Ed* as a Module Creation Tool?
- TED-Ed is an excellent, engaging platform that allows users to simply and quickly create and develop an online course, module or mentoring video for FREE
- Easily add customized questions and discussions around the video or content
- When time face to face with a business advisor is limited “bite-sized” learning is key. Videos can be short and to the point.
- It is easy to use, interactive and encourages open discussion on the topics at hand.
- With its fantastic animations, TED-Ed can take even sometimes-boring subjects and transform them into wildly engaging content.
- Mentors can produce a growing video library of original material e.g. mentors to create their own interactive mentoring plans. Mentors can then distribute their content publicly or privately and track their impact on receivers.
- It aims to spark and celebrate the ideas and knowledge-sharing around the world. It includes an incredible community of thinkers and doers.
*See Digital Changemakers Toolkit for more information on Ted Ed as a Creation Tool